Monday, May 25, 2009

Oops!

It's been almost 3 weeks since my last post. Eep! I've just been so busy!!

In the last 6 weeks, I've had multiple visitors stay with me in Paris, flown home to the States for 2.5 weeks for my mom's surgery, and been to England twice (a funeral AND a wedding). Needless to say, not much time to take for myself for posting..

But, I'm happy to say - I've managed to stay mostly on track with the weight loss. I'm at about 146.5 lbs (real weigh in to follow Friday), and I started at a little over 156 lbs about 8 weeks ago. So, I'm down almost 10 lbs (around 4.5 kg) in that time frame - and considering all the shit over the last 6 weeks, I'm thrilled.

In other news, I've decided to switch from a formal French class to a private tutor. I don't have the right kind of schedule for a set class every day... I end up skipping half the classes because I have to work and it's just not worth spending the money. For the same price as 10 hours of set class, I can have 6 hours of private lessons - strange but true. I think it makes sense for me, anyway.

I have to go back to the States again next Friday - a business trip this time. I'm not really looking forward to it. Lots of things to take care of while I'm home. Lots of...complications. It all has to do with the whole moral compass thing. It's funny how the desire NOT to hurt people can end up hurting them so much more when it's all said and done. Growing up is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment